Position: Art Director, Avenue Edmonton Magazine, published by Odvod Publishing Inc.
Avenue Edmonton, an award winning city lifestyle magazine, requires an Art Director with a proven track record in producing innovative magazine pages.
If you are:
- Creative and exceptionally detailed
- Excellent with typography
- Experienced in team management
- Able to provide leadership in executing ideas
- Driven by challenges and deadlines
- Resident of the greater Edmonton area or willing to relocate
If you have:
- Ability to create exceptional design solutions under tight deadlines
- Excellent knowledge of the Adobe creative suite
- Post-secondary education in visual communications or equivalent
- Five years or more experience in magazine art direction or equivalent print design experience
Then you could be the next Art Director of Avenue Edmonton.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Working under the supervision of the Editor
- Creating compelling layouts that meet the objectives of the brand
- Managing production time lines, budgets, internal and external freelance artists to create visuals for the magazine
- Participating in all planning, strategy, review and brainstorming meetings
- Assigning photographers and illustrators to stories, reviewing artist rough sketches; attending and supervising photography shoots when required
- Producing pages, including preparation and colour correction of images and placement of ads
Avenue Edmonton is published by Odvod Publishing Inc.; a partnership between Odvod Media Corp. and RedPoint Media Group Inc., one of Western Canada’s largest independent publishers. The company offers you an exciting, educational and ultimately rewarding experience in the Canadian magazine industry. We provide a fun and creative work environment with a vibrant atmosphere.
Please submit your resume by Friday, Feb 24th, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org
A suitable candidate may be hired prior to the closing date noted.
Are you looking for contributors' inquiries?
Are you looking for information on how to get an event listed online or in the magazine?
All other employment questions can be e-mailed to email@example.com.