It marks the second time that Avenue has been bestowed this title. And, Avenue has now been on the three-publication shortlist for the province’s top magazine prize for six consecutive years.
According to the judging panel, Avenue “stands tall among Canada’s city mags with its stellar packaging and design, and ability to provide deep insight into how Edmontonians live and what’s important to them.”
We at the magazine are thrilled to have been selected, and it’s a tribute to all of our contributors — from writers to photographers to illustrators. As well, we draw inspiration from our amazing readers and by being in such a great city that provides us with so many great stories to tell.
Avenue also received a number of showcase awards:
• Robbie Jeffrey, gold for Service: Lifestyle for his High Society story;
• Robert Carter; gold in the Illustration category for Harry Potter and the (Not) Cursed Child;
• Kim Larson, gold for feature design for the Ultimate BBQ Guide;
• Kim Larson, silver, Art Direction for a Single Issue for the March 2018 edition;
• Adrianna MacPherson, Kim Larson and Curtis Comeau for editorial package, for the Ultimate BBQ Guide;
• Cooper & O’Hara, silver for Photograph: People and Portraiture for Wild at Heart