A Retail Duet
Two artistic organizations partner for a unique fundraiser.
Photography by Mitch Coulter
Holt Renfrew was busy on Dec. 3, but the shoppers shared an experience that went beyond the typical retail exchange. Citie Ballet and Edmonton Opera partnered with the store to stage a special event, with the proceeds from a portion of retail sales going towards the operation of the two organizations.
Holt’s Caf catered the gathering, while members of the Edmonton Opera performed on the upper level and Citie Ballet dancers mingled with the shoppers in their costumes. “It was really a blessing to have the partnership. It was really nice to meet with people who might not know about us. And anything that goes towards a non-profit counts and it is a blessing that people were doing that for us,” said Franois Chevennement, artistic director of Citie Ballet.
1. Lynn Mandel and Janice Kosak
2. Tara Klatt and Autumn Ballek
3. Monica Allen and Sharon Brown
4. Irv and Dianne Kipnes
5. Rob Mendoza and Ashley Barby
6. Cristina Weiheimer and Patrece Maluzynsky
7. Betty Kolodziej and Krista Lessard
8. Christina O’Dell and Natasha Da Fonseca
9. Adam Arnold and Greg Maluzynsky
10. Aggie Mikulski and Dyanna Benitez