Party Crasher: Blossoms and Bowties
Every woman – and man – dressed up in their floral finery for this fundraiser.
Photography by Mitch Coulter
Sarah Chan, committee member, Every Woman Organization
A garden, a fundraiser, a fashion show, a concert and a pop-up sale – the Every Woman Festival was all these things, and more. About 450 guests sashayed in their spring finery into Lexus South Pointe for the sold-out event March 12.
This year was the first time the event, organized by the Every Woman Organization, was held in Edmonton. It included a silent auction, with proceeds going to Edmonton’s Win House, a shelter for women fleeing domestic violence. “The reason we picked them is they had a very high profile last fall, when Win House III shut down,” said committee member Sarah Chan. Margaret-Ann Armour, one of Canada’s Top 100 Most Powerful Women in 2010, gave a keynote address. Guests sampled eats from The Common, Tres Carnales and Jacek Chocolate, to name a few.
1. Ashleigh Brown and Karen Sweet
2. Sophie Serafino and Dionysius David
3. Sue Stephens and Anastasia Ferreira
4. Serap Ozturk and Sara Tharakan
5. Ronda Nedelec and Catherine Vu
6. Julia McGarvey and Garner Beggs
7. Leo Shifrin and Yuri Gerchikov
8. Amy Manchak and Nancy Manchak
9. Shawna Heide and Matt Heide
10. Erin Auton, Keri Lynn and Jill Micklich