Party Crasher: Standing Room Only
Avenue celebrates its annual Best Restaurants issue with a party at NAIT.
Photography by Mitch Coulter
Chef Rosario Caputo from Cibo Bistro.
Ernest’s, located on the NAIT campus, transformed from a sit-down restaurant into a standing-room-only party with an assortment of dishes to try from Avenue‘s Best Restaurants list. NAIT provided cheese and bread made from scratch, along with several appetizers, while seven of the best restaurants on the list served items representing some of the city’s best in fine dining.
On March 3, about 250 readers and foodies tasted several bite-sized samples, including RGE RD‘s country style terrine with smoked milk aioli and the tarte chocolat from Bon Ton Bakery. Rosario Caputo, chef and owner of Cibo Bistro, brought bruschetta with goat ricotta and walnuts, along with bite-sized braised beef cheek on potato fritter. “We are excited to be showcased by Avenue. We couldn’t be more thrilled to be honoured alongside so many great restaurants,” said Caputo.
1. Stuart Bell and Pamela Dobbin
2. EIan Foulds and Emmy Stuebing
3. Shelley Stevens and Tina Mueller
4. Kelly-Dawn Aulenbach and Jerry Aulenbach
5. Daniel Braun and Chris Sills
6. Garrett Kruger and Michael Brennan
7. Caitlin Fulton and Blair Lebsack
8. Tad Hargrave and Karolina Peret
9. Cheryl Cottrell-Smith and Dana Giesbrecht
10. Diane Lee, Amanda Derksen and Nancy Sheng