Toasting Our Best
The foodies were well-fed at the Avenue Best Restaurants Party
Photography by Kevan Morin
Photo (Right): Mike Maione, CCC
Foodies came together March 2 to raise a glass to the city’s best restaurants.
More than 300 people came to Ernest’s at NAIT for Avenue Edmonton‘s Best
Restaurants issue celebration, which recognized the crme de la crme of Edmonton eateries.
“It is phenomenal for [the restaurants] to come in here and display what they do best – which is cooking because they love it,” said Mike Maione, CCC, a culinary arts instructor at NAIT and one
of the judges for the Best Restaurants issue.
Guru, Tres Carnales, RGE RD, The Marc, Sailin’ On and Dauphine Bakery and Bistro provided samples from their menus, along with bread, cheese and cured meat made by NAIT culinary students. Wine was provided by Enotri Wine
Marketing and beer was supplied by 7 Degrees.
Maione said that, even over the past five to seven years, the food scene in Edmonton has exploded thanks to ambitious chefs and owners.
“With these individuals, they have brought the level of dining to a maximum level,” he said.
1. Deb Ricketts and Lynn McPherson
2. John Acevedo and Joshua Acevedo
3. Alyssa Bisson and Kurtis Poirier
4. Megan Fleming and Krista Fleming
5. Mei Tom and Sandy Mah
6. Carine Cutts and Carmen Gunthorpe
7. Carla Alexander and Zana Murray
8. Blair Lebsack and Caitlin Fulton of RGE RD
9. Leanne Telford and Tracy Telford
10. Corey Toews, Yolanda Lew and Aaron Churchill