Party Crasher: Field Day
photography by Amber Bracken
The CapitalCare Foundation scored a touchdown for seniors in Edmonton when it held its first-ever Feast on the Field at Commonwealth Stadium.
Three hundred guests mingled in the end zone Aug. 12 while dining on a barbecue menu prepared by renowned chefs Brad Smoliak, Steve Buzak and David Omar.
“They’ve been so awesome to have,” said Sherry Schaefer, director of fundraising and donor relations for the CapitalCare Foundation. “I can’t wait to taste the food. They’ve been talking about it, and I’ve been salivating for months.” Guests also enjoyed drinks from Granville Island Brewing and Red Rooster Winery, and had the chance to throw the pigskin around with former Edmonton Eskimos Patrick Kabongo and John Farlinger.
The CapitalCare Foundation supports the 10 seniors’ continuing care homes run by CapitalCare in Edmonton by providing enhancements above and beyond government funding. Schaefer said money raised at the Feast on the Field would fund a new restorative care program, aiding seniors who need rehabilitation to continue living in their own homes.
1. Jeff Holt and Fred Otto
2. Karen Fantin and Elizabeth Hurley
3. Allyson Thomson and Margaret Thomson
4. Tom Wooding and Debra Wooding
5. Iris Neumann and Kurian Tharakan
6. Dianna Krukoff and Jeff Krukoff
7. Diana McNallie and Diane Greening
8. Colin Shillabeer and Karen Colwell
9. Reed Clarke and Kira Gregson
10. Don Metz, Corinne Fuhr Hughes and John Hughes