Party Crasher: Patio Style
photography by Penny McKelvie
Latitude 53‘s patio was packed with beautiful people as the art gallery’s weekly patio event played host to the Locals Only fashion exhibit from The Bamboo Ballroom. The July 23 exhibit and silent auction challenged 10 local designers to create dresses to style local socialites for the evening. The dresses were then part of a silent auction – each designer and his or her design identified with helium balloons – with proceeds going to the Junior League of Edmonton.
“Since 2005, we have supported local designers by giving them a place to sell their clothing and jewellery. So this is about bringing everyone together and giving them an opportunity to create an original garment to auction for charity,” said Suzy Kenny, the event’s organizer and manager of The Bamboo Ballroom. “It’s a way to bring the fashion community together and to raise awareness for a good cause.”
Guests were wined and dined with catering by The Common while shopping for jewellery and handmade accessories from local vendors at the event’s market.
1. Sahr Saffa and Paul Steier
2. Stanley Carroll and Alisha Schick
3. Claire Hanna and Jenesse Graling
4. Sona Chavda, Aaron Kehr and Ashna Bali
5. Monty Ghosh and Robin Mazumder
6. Kyla Kazeil and Anastasia Boruk
7. Kris Harvey and Ian Cooney
8. Phalyn Chenard and Brianna Whittaker
9. Jay Robinson and Tai-Monique Kristjansen
10. Kim Der, Nicola Gavins and Sabrina Davies